Nathan L. Prescott
Nathan Prescott is originally from Vicksburg, Mississippi. He attended undergraduate and law school at the University of Mississippi. After law school, Nathan clerked for Judge Joseph Loper in the Circuit Court of the Fifth Judicial District of Mississippi. He moved to the Mississippi Gulf Coast and joined the firm in December of 2004. Nathan is a member of the firm.
Nathan's practice areas include commercial litigation, corporate, construction litigation and contracts, civil litigation, estate planning and administration, and banking law and litigation. Mr. Prescott resides in Ocean Springs, Mississippi.
Admissions and Licenses
Mississippi Bar Association, 2003
Louisiana Bar, 2004
State trial courts of Mississippi, 2003
State trial courts of Louisiana, 2004
Mississippi Supreme Court, 2007
United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, 2007
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2008
Estate planning and wealth management, probate
Banking and mortgage law
University of Mississippi School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2003
University of Mississippi, Bachelor of Arts, 2000, Major in English, Minor in Philosophy
Professional and Civic Involvement
- Mississippi Bar, 2003 - present
- Louisiana Bar, 2004 - present
- Harrison County Young Lawyers Association, 2004 - present
- Harrison County Bar Association, 2004 - present
- American Bar Association, 2004 - present
- Coast Young Professionals, 2008 - present
- Treasure Oak Country Club, 2007 - present
- United States Tennis Association, 2003 - present
Representative Cases and Clients
- Cathy Toole v. James B. Peak, et al, United States District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, Cause No. 1:08 CV 1481 (obtained dismissal of plaintiff's complaint for $7,000,000.00 against president of local bank).
- Mary F. Snow, et. al. v. Martin Lake Resorts, Inc., Chancery Court of Jackson County Mississippi, Cause No. 2006-2310-NH (suit to force corporate dissolution following alleged oppression of minority shareholders).
- Saad's Medical Management, Inc. v. C.G. Taylor Properties, Inc., United States District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, Cause No. 1:07cv1147-HSO-JMR (commercial lease dispute following destruction of leased premises by Hurricane Katrina).
- The Peoples Bank, Biloxi, Mississippi
Outside of the office
Nathan is an avid tennis player who enjoys tournament play and reading novels. He is slowly learning to play the piano.