Cowles Edgar Symmes
Cowles Symmes is a member with Page, Mannino, Peresich & McDermott, PLLC. He handles complex commercial and personal injury litigation and has represented a wide variety of businesses and personal clients. Cowles represents multiple clients in complex commercial, premises, and products liability litigation. He has also developed and managed defense strategies while serving as national coordinating counsel for clients sued across the United States.
Cowles was born in Hattiesburg, Mississippi and was raised in Gulfport, Mississippi. He attended undergraduate school at the University of Southern Mississippi and law school at Mississippi College before being admitted to practice law in 2001. He is also involved with his local community, as well as the business and legal community throughout Mississippi. Cowles and his wife, Mary Beth, have three children.
Admissions and Licenses
Mississippi Bar Association, 2001
Mississippi Supreme Court, 2001
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2001
United States Court of Appeals, 5th District
United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, 2001
In 2000, Cowles joined a private law practice in Hattiesburg, Mississippi where he handled civil litigation matters, including insurance defense, personal injury, domestic litigation, and toxic tort defense involving lead paint litigation and asbestos throughout Mississippi.
In 2003, Cowles joined Page, Mannino, Peresich & McDermott, PLLC in Biloxi, Mississippi
Mississippi College School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2000
- Phi Alpha Delta
University of Southern Mississippi, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1996
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Harrison County Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Biloxi Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Gulfport Youth Sports Association
- Magruder v. Amica Mut. Ins. Co., 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 8591 (S.D.Miss.2009)
- Langston v. Bigelow, 820 So. 2d 752 (Miss.App.2002)
- Callender v. Imperial Palace of Mississippi, LLC, 2008 WL 4372739, (S.D.Miss.2008)
- Adkins v. Ametek, et al., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2003 WL 24011960 (S.D.Miss.2003)(Civ.A. No. 1:02CV728GR)-available at LexisNexis
Outside of the office
Outside the office, Cowles enjoys hunting, fishing, golf, tennis, and playing with his three children. Cowles is a member of Trinity Methodist Church.